Call us today to make an appointment for your initial exam!
Brace yourselves with
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that focuses on correcting irregularities of the teeth and jaw. It is most common for children to receive orthodontic care, but many adults do too. You’re never too old to get orthodontic help, however the sooner an issue can be addressed, the better, so don’t put it off!
Call one of our offices today to help you get it all straightened out.
What to expect
Braces are used to apply pressure over a long period of time to move the teeth and/or jaw in the desired direction. There are several options when it comes to the type of braces that can be used. The most traditional, and fastest progressing, are metal braces. Ceramic braces blend into your teeth more, are slower than the metal braces, but are faster than Invisalign. Invisalign is the least appearance altering, but does usually take longer than more traditional methods. Realigning teeth and jaw bone usually takes around two years depending on the severity of the irregularities and the type of braces used.
Caring for your teeth
- Keep up with your regular dentist cleanings and checkups
- Brush your teeth twice and day
- Floss daily
- Cut your food with a knife rather than biting directly into it to prevent food build up underneath your braces
- Avoid overly sticky or hard foods
- Follow the guidelines given by your orthodontist for the best results