Call us today to make an appointment for your initial exam!
Periodontitis is advanced gum disease that usually begins as gingivitis. Some of the warning signs are gumline recession, red inflamed gums, or gums bleeding when brushing or flossing.
If you notice these symptoms to be recurring, give us a call we are ready to help you get the care you need and keep your teeth healthy.
Early detection is important
The sooner you recognize symptoms, the easier your treatment will be. Periodontitis is a bacterial infection of the gums and bones that support the teeth. If plaque is allowed to build up for too long your gums will begin to pull away from your teeth. These areas create pockets that are the perfect environment for bacteria to grow. If not treated this can cause bone loss, severe gum recession, and tooth loss.
How can I avoid
- If you are diagnosed with gingivitis take your treatment seriously because if left untreated gingivitis can lead to periodontitis.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months
- Get your teeth cleaned every six months at your dental office
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene
- Try an electric toothbrush
Care for your gums by scheduling a dental cleaning today.